HONE, Nathaniel Thomas.
Born at Yapton, Monkstown, Co Dublin, Ireland, 21st June 1861.
Died at Limerick, Ireland, 1st August 1881.
Educated in Dublin and at Rugby, he went up to Trinity College, Cambridge. He was an excellent horseman and polo player. He was a member of the Irish team that toured North America in 1879 and played for his University on three occasions in 1881, winning his blue. Whilst on a cricket tour with Na Shuler in Limerick he felt unwell. He went into a chemists shop and asked for a “black draught.” The assistant, by mistake, gave him a dose of carbolic acid. He died in great pain a few hours later.
He does not appear in the 1881 Census and was probably in Ireland.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/17
- Desert Twenty20 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- Pakistan in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa Women in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/17
- United Arab Emirates Tri-series 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE