HONE, Nathaniel Thomas.
Born at Yapton, Monkstown, Co Dublin, Ireland, 21st June 1861.
Died at Limerick, Ireland, 1st August 1881.
Educated in Dublin and at Rugby, he went up to Trinity College, Cambridge. He was an excellent horseman and polo player. He was a member of the Irish team that toured North America in 1879 and played for his University on three occasions in 1881, winning his blue. Whilst on a cricket tour with Na Shuler in Limerick he felt unwell. He went into a chemists shop and asked for a “black draught.” The assistant, by mistake, gave him a dose of carbolic acid. He died in great pain a few hours later.
He does not appear in the 1881 Census and was probably in Ireland.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE