|Venue||Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne on 31st December 1970, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th January 1971 (5-day match)|
|Balls per over||8|
|Toss||England won the toss and decided to field|
|Umpires||TF Brooks, LP Rowan|
|Scorers||BW Bright (Australia), MP Ringham (England)|
Rain prevented play starting as the players were entering the field. A conference between the Australian Board, the MCC Manager, and two MCC Officials lead to the match being abandoned and replaced by a limited overs match which was later recognised as the first ever ODI.
The MCC tour schedule was rearranged to include an additional Test at Melbourne on 21,22,23,25,26 January.
Whilst the Australian Board of Control recognised this match as an official Test to be included in match statistics, nearly all statisticians around the world do not do so.
This page was created by the CricketArchive Oracles
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE