|Venue||Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne on 31st December 1970, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th January 1971 (5-day match)|
|Balls per over||8|
|Toss||England won the toss and decided to field|
|Umpires||TF Brooks, LP Rowan|
Rain prevented play starting as the players were entering the field. A conference between the Australian Board, the MCC Manager, and two MCC Officials lead to the match being abandoned and replaced by a limited overs match which was later recognised as the first ever ODI.
The MCC tour schedule was rearranged to include an additional Test at Melbourne on 21,22,23,25,26 January.
Whilst the Australian Board of Control recognised this match as an official Test to be included in match statistics, nearly all statisticians around the world do not do so.
This page was created by the CricketArchive Oracles
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE