DateLine: 9th August 2016
Speaking exclusively over her mobile from London on Monday morning, she said, "my dad is very sick and is put on ventilator".
Owing to the chest infection. the 81-year-old India-born Hanif Mohammad was admitted to Karachi's Aga Khan Hospital last week. He underwent cancer related liver surgery in London in 2013.
"He has been facing breathing difficulty and we pray for his recovery", she said.
The married daughter was planning to visit her dad during the last week of this month and Hanif Mohammad had invited her to be with the family for the Eid festivals.
"I am pre-planning my visit and leaving for Karachi to-day itself", she said.
Hanif Mohammad's son and former Pak selector Shoaib Mohammad too has expressed concern for his dad's deteriorating health.
"Till Saturday he was fine and cheerful. But his health worsened yesterday. His cough sample has been taken and CT scans have been done".
"Because of his longer (than expected) stay in the hospital, the infection developed in the body is very strong and he is finding it difficult to breathe and therefore he is kept on ventilator", added Shoaib Mohammad.
Hanif Mohammad has also been advised to have injections from India or Europe. "That is a secondary thing at the moment. It is the chest infection he is dealing with now and he was admitted for that", the daughter said.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2016 Bipin Dani)
- Belize Women in Costa Rica 2019/20
- Botswana Women's International Triangular Tournament 2019/20
- England in New Zealand 2019/20
- England in South Africa 2019/20
- England Women in Malaysia 2019/20
- ICC Women's Championship 2017/18 to 2020
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2021/22
- New Zealand in Australia 2019/20
- Pakistan in Australia 2019/20
- South Africa in India 2019/20
- South Asian Games Men's Cricket Competition 2019/20
- South Asian Games Women's Cricket Competition 2019/20
- Sri Lanka in Pakistan 2019/20
- West Indies in India 2019/20
View all Current Events CLICK HERE