|Player:||Hanif Mohammad, Wazir Mohammad, Mushtaq Mohammad, Shoaib Mohammad, Raees Mohammad|
DateLine: 11th August 2016
Mumbai, Aug. 10 : "My father had severe chest infection but otherwise all his other organs were functioning normal. Our doctor had said his heart is like a 40 year-old person", Hanif Mohammad's London-based daughter Seema Syed said from Karachi.
She had rushed from London when her dad was put on a ventilator.
"He fought and tried his best to play the long innings".
"He was heavily sedated though had not gone in coma".
"My uncle Mushtaq Mohammad is arriving on Friday morning. He could not meet his brother. Wazir uncle is very upset with the death".
"My mother is sobbing. My dad was the most important person in her life. My dad loved her from his heart and soul".
"Cricketers from Pakistan team and ex-players have been calling. He was their hero".
"Mine too, but for me he was my dad and hero like any other daughter would. I can't tell what a wonderful human he was. Down to earth. No arrogance at all. He was loved by everyone".
"Very few people may have witnessed Hanif Mohammad scoring 499 runs (run out) and Brian Lara breaking his record with 501 runs n.o.", informs Hanif Mohammad son, Shoaib.
"Late Bob Woolmer was one of them who witnessed my dad's innings and Lara's too", Shoaib added.
(Article: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author only.
Copyright © 2016 Bipin Dani)
- Belize Women in Costa Rica 2019/20
- Botswana Women's International Triangular Tournament 2019/20
- England in South Africa 2019/20
- England Women in Malaysia 2019/20
- ICC Women's Championship 2017/18 to 2020
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2021/22
- New Zealand in Australia 2019/20
- South Africa in India 2019/20
- South Asian Games Men's Cricket Competition 2019/20
- South Asian Games Women's Cricket Competition 2019/20
- Sri Lanka in Pakistan 2019/20
- West Indies in India 2019/20
View all Current Events CLICK HERE