|Scorecard:||India v Sri Lanka|
|Player:||MS Dhoni, S Sreesanth|
|Event:||Sri Lanka in India 2009/10|
DateLine: 27th November 2009
Lavishing praise on Sreesanth for scripting India's record win over Sri Lanka in the second Test, captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said the comeback-bowler is as good as veteran Zaheer Khan when it comes to extracting reverse swing.
"It is important to bring fresh legs. Sreesanth is little different from Ishant when it comes to controlling the swing and I feel he is one of the best bowlers of reverse swing along with Zaheer Khan. Good to see him in action," an ecstatic Dhoni said after India beat the visitors by an innings and 144 runs to take a 1-0 lead in the three-match series.
Sreesanth took six wickets, five of them in the first innings, to wreck Sri Lanka's batting and earn the Man of the Match trophy.
The win was also India's 100th in 432 Tests and their biggest over Sri Lanka.
"It is a moment of pride to be a part of the side that won the 100th Test. I think it wouldn't have been possible if the past cricketers had not done their job properly," he quipped.
Dhoni said the massive 642-run total that the Indians managed in the first innings was crucial in ensuring India's domination.
- ICC Women's T20 World Cup Africa Region Qualifier 2021
- ICC World Cup League Two 2019 to 2023
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- ICC World Test Championship 2021 to 2023
- India Women in Australia 2021/22
- New Zealand in Pakistan 2021/22
- New Zealand Women in England 2021
- South Africa Women in West Indies 2021
- Thailand Women in Africa 2021
- Uganda Twenty20 Tri-Series 2021/22
- Zimbabwe in Ireland and Scotland 2021
View all Current Events CLICK HERE