|Venue||Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne on 31st December 1970, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th January 1971 (5-day match)|
|Balls per over||8|
|Toss||England won the toss and decided to field|
|Umpires||TF Brooks, LP Rowan|
|Scorers||BW Bright (Australia), MP Ringham (England)|
Rain prevented play starting as the players were entering the field. A conference between the Australian Board, the MCC Manager, and two MCC Officials lead to the match being abandoned and replaced by a limited overs match which was later recognised as the first ever ODI.
The MCC tour schedule was rearranged to include an additional Test at Melbourne on 21,22,23,25,26 January.
Whilst the Australian Board of Control recognised this match as an official Test to be included in match statistics, nearly all statisticians around the world do not do so.
This page was created by the CricketArchive Oracles
- Australia in Bangladesh 2021
- Austria in Belgium 2021
- Bangladesh in Zimbabwe 2021
- ICC World Cup Super League 2020 to 2022
- India in England 2021
- India in Sri Lanka 2021
- Inter-Insular Women's Twenty20 Series 2021
- Netherlands Women in Ireland 2021
- Pakistan in England 2021
- Pakistan in West Indies 2021
- Pakistan Women in West Indies 2021
- South Africa in Ireland 2021
View all Current Events CLICK HERE